Saturday, June 11, 2016

SAMR is MIA

Ruben Puentedura's presentation on the SAMR is compelling, but just not something I can relate to at the moment. Teaching at a government school in Thailand means extremely limited technology in the classroom, and it also means very limited time with my students.

Since my school, and particularly the program I teach in, caters to the arts, I meet few future engineers or technology buffs. Combined with my lack of affinity for technology (I don't even have a smart phone), the result is very few opportunities to integrate technology into my lessons.

I sometimes have students use Google Docs and Slides and sometimes have my classes make videos. But when it comes to using ipads or computers on the regular, my chances are few and far between.

1 comment:

  1. It is really too bad that your students don't have the opportunities to use much technology in their education. I suspect that even if they become artists technology will play a role in their careers. Whether it is promoting their work, archiving it, or organizing showings/events, I'm confident that technology will play a role in their future careers.

    ReplyDelete