Sunday, May 15, 2016

What I hope to Gain from EDUC 932

As a teacher, there are several areas I would like to improve upon. My classroom management skills are decent, but I have benefited mightily from an irregularly well-behaved group of students over the course of the past two years. I will probably have to wait for a less ideal bunch to have a chance to improve in this area. I would also like to improve my overall health. I need to lost some weight and increase my stamina. This will help me set a better example for my students, and should be more effective towards making a first impression on them. A third area in which I would like to show some improvement is becoming a more dynamic teacher. I have a fairly varied repertoire when it comes to differentiated instruction, but this is an area that must be perpetually improved for any teacher.

I am hoping that EDUC 932 will assist me in achieving my goal of a more diversified approach to pedagogy. I am not exceptionally attracted to technology, particularly when compared to many of my 21st Century peers. I don't even have a smart phone! Hopefully, EDUC 932 will expose me to more technology-based methods of teaching and will turn me on to some websites and programs that can be useful in the classroom. I am not a traditional learner in the sense that one should be able to follow instructions and pick up on a new skill or concept. I generally prefer to be exposed and left to my own devices to experiment and learn through trial and error. I guess you could say that, ideally, EDUC 932 will plant seeds in my mind that can grow into flowering technological advances in my teaching later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment